Big changes can come from small, every day practices. At Calgo Gardens, we believe in making differences by offering an assortment of fair trade products.
Did you know that this October is the 9th Annual Fair Trade month? All month ethically minded retailers and consumers will join forces to celebrate and promote fair trade.
What is Fair Trade? Simply put, fair trade products are made with respect to people and the planet. According to Wikipedia fair trade is
“… a social movement whose stated goal is to help producers in developing countries achieve better trading conditions and to promote sustainable farming….”
When you choose fair trade items, your purchases help in many ways.
- Fair trade helps to alleviate poverty by providing a living wage for marginalized producers.
- The conservation of the environment is supported by making items that are free of genetically engineered ingredients.
- Women and minorities are empowered by educational programs.
- Fair trade farms provide safe working environments.
- Child and slave labor is strictly prohibited.
- Selecting fair trade products allows your voice to be heard demanding equal rights worldwide.
Stop by Calgo Gardens in October and help support Fair Trade Month. Enjoy your purchases even more when you know you are helping others.