Whether you’re attending a party or visiting for a week, you always want to arrive with a token of appreciation. A thoughtful gift lets your hostess know that you’re grateful to be invited and a sure way to stay on the guest list!
Today’s suggestion for the perfect host or hostess gift is one that they can use right away, or save for the next soiree. Gourmet olive oil and vinegar plus some dried herbs make up the ingredients for a simple gift that is sure to be remembered and appreciated. Start with these bottles of premium oil and vinegars from Ariston, bring along a fresh loaf of crusty bread to enjoy with it, and the remainder of the bottles for the hostess to use throughout the rest of the season. The bottles can be brought to Calgo and refills can be purchased over and over again.
A smooth and buttery olive oil paired with sweet and syrupy vinegar are the key ingredients that make this simple, memorable dipping sauce.
Simple Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoons of kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a covered container and refrigerate two hours or overnight.
- Shake well before serving.
- Store remaining dip in the refrigerator.
'Tis the season for parties and gatherings, and gratitude and appreciation. A simple gracious gesture as a party or house guest, will become a lasting memory for those who give and receive.