Sparked by a 2010 episode of Parks and Recreation, Galentine’s Day came to be when lead character Leslie Knope (played by SNL alum Amy Poehler) threw a party for her female friends. Over a brunch of waffles and extravagant gift-giving, Leslie celebrated the joy of female friendship—and that really resonated with us. We love the idea of honoring the women who have a place in your life—whether they be friends, family, or coworkers.
Flowering Plants—The Gifts that Keep on Giving…
What gift could be more perfect than a flowering plant? They certainly last longer than a dozen red roses! You can even add a plant container to make it even more feminine in celebration of Galentine’s Day.
The problem becomes what to choose—there are so many options! You may want to consider a plant that blooms in the traditional red hues we’re so used to this time of year. If that is the case, think miniature red roses or red Calla Lilies.
Other options include fragrant Jasmine plants that will brighten any room with their delicate flowers and sweet scent. A Wandering Jew plant is another great choice as it features heart-shaped leaves with purple stripes and delicate blooms. And the String of Hearts plant has distinctive heart-shaped foliage and thin, string-like vines. This plant is also easy to care for.
We love the heart-shaped bud vase below that can also be used to propagate your favorite plant.
Add a pink pot with a special message to create the perfect Galentine’s Day gift for your friend.
The unlikely friend’s pots with dogs and cats or a llama and ostrich are perfect for the two of you who became friends when you weren’t expecting a friendship to blossom!
And who can resist the quirky charm of the open-armed container with the request to “give me a hug”? Give your favorite friend a “cup of love” so they’ll have it whenever they need it!
Galentine’s Day Quotes that Make Us Smile…
- “We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.” Leslie Knope
- “You are the most beautiful glowing sun goddess ever.” Leslie Knope
- “The best part about having true friends is that you can go months without seeing them and they’ll still be there for you and act as if you’d never left!” Ariana Grande
- “There’s nothing better than best friends. Except best friends with chocolate and wine.” Leslie Knope
- “Girls just wanna have fun.” Cyndi Lauper
- “Friends don’t let friends do silly things…alone.” Unknown
- “On Galentine’s Day, we wear pink.” Leslie Knope
- “Friends who brunch together stay together.” Unknown
- “Ladies celebrating ladies.” Leslie Knope
- “What’s Galentine’s Day? Oh, it’s only the best day of the year!” Leslie Knope