Music has the power to change your mood, uplift your spirits and bring back memories. And for the more than five million people in the U.S. suffering from Alzheimers, music has the power to rock their world.
Not only can hidden emotions and memories be stimulated by music but music can also help to manage stress and change moods. Music and singing engage people who are suffering from dementia and stimulates interaction between them, their loved ones and caregivers.
The award winning documentary, Alive Inside, depicts the ability music has to combat memory loss and stir our souls and was also the inspiration for Connection Through Music, a program that is of Caregiver Volunteers of Central New Jersey (CVCJ).
Join us for the 2nd Annual Music in the Garden, On June 8 from 11:00 to 4:00 for a day of music in the garden, workshops and other memory-making and memory-stimulating activities.
Ways to help:
- A donation of $50 provides the tools and training for one young person to connect with their “buddy” and bring the joys and power of music back to their life.
- A donation of any amount can be given in honor of a loved one.
- Volunteer your time to help make more connections through music.
- Creating a playlist for a loved one will help bring comfort and will keep memories and emotions alive. Join Fran Panella, LPN and Certified Dementia Practioner, for a workshop on “How to Create a Playlist For the Elder in Your Life”.
CVCJ is near and dear to the Estomin family’s heart; the organization brought purpose and joy to Eta Estomin at the end of her life. The Estomin family understands firsthand the amazing benefits and opportunities that CVCJ has for patients suffering from dementia, their families, and their caregivers.
Take a seat on the patio or stroll the grounds while you enjoy live music performed by
- Will Santor
- Applaud Our Kids Foundation
- Lakehouse Alumni - Sophia Montalbano, James Sleeman, and Kaeleigh Spreen
- Tony Costa – Astronaut Jones
- Sheli and Friends
- And more!
Heidi Shultz and The Tulip Tree Cafe will present both calming and pick me up foods which are readily available and quick and easy to make. Take home the simple recipes along with the nutritional benefits.
Diana Lang, Diana P. Lang Photography will give you advice and tips on “Preserving and Archiving Your Family Photos”. Learn how to keep the legacy of your family in photos.
Yoga instructor Kathleen will present and demonstrate quick and easy yoga techniques and positions to bring some balance to your life.
The Yoga Loft will host a Wellness Fair from 12-5 with angel readings, yoga fashion, psychic readings and more.